Thursday, January 07, 2010

Sotong Masak Lemak Ala Jawa

I guessed I tend to like some of Javanese menu..cause of the spiciness and the simplicity of preparing them, but not if the dish is too sweet I rather go for 'PEDAS'(hot) then 'MANIS'(sweet)...when I decided to print out a recipe, I will look at the preparations and ingredients used.. I dont know, I felt that a dish should be a bit spicy, if its too sweet then I guessed it should be a dessert rather then dishes...just a thought..

Ingredients:-

8 ekor sotong putih-(8 white squids)
1 kilo santan-(1kg coconut milk)
tempe(dipotong kecil)tak letak sebab tak ada -(fermented soy bean cake diced- Didn't put cause no stock)
tauhu(dipotong kecil)-(hard bean curd diced)
1/2 sudu teh serbuk kunyit-(1/2 tsp turmeric powder)
garam-(salt)

Bahan Kisar:-Blended ingredients
3 ulas bawang kecil-(3 shallots)
2 ulas bawnag putih-(2 garlics)
10 biji cili padi-(bird eyes chillies)

Method:-
Masukkan santan cair kedalam periuk beserta bahan yang dikisar tadi bersama 1/2 sudu teh serbuk kunyit. Kacau sehingga mendidih. Kemudian masukkan santan pekat, tempe, tauhu, sotong dan garam kacau sampai sotong masak. Sedia untuk dinikmati.-(Add thin coconut milk together with blended ingredients and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. Let it boil. Add in thick coconut milk, fermented soy bean cake, hard bean curd, squids and salt. Let it till cooked. Ready)
Sources:- Mesra.net

No comments: